9/12/2012

Pinterest Challenge #26 & #27 - Homemade Ice Packs

Both of these ice packs sounded great on Pinterest so I decided to perform a little experiment.  Here's what I did:
Alcohol Ice Pack - I followed One Good Thing's instructions and mixed 1 part rubbing alcohol and 3 parts water.  Pinterest Link
Dawn Ice Pack - I followed Fun, Cheap, or Free's instructions and just put Dawn straight into the bag.  Pinterest Link
I stuck them in the freezer and waited a few days to compare.  When I removed them from the freezer, both bags were practically frozen SOLID - not the mushy ice pack they both read to be.  So I came up with another solution that involved more Alcohol.  
I removed both ice packs and let them thaw.  I then took another bottle of rubbing alcohol and mixed half of the bottle into each bag, and then I refroze.  This time, I was impressed.  The packs are both much more mold-able than the first time.  I hope to soon sew little patches for them to fit into.

1 comment:

  1. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. lunch box ice packs

    ReplyDelete